Shutter Down Pancake Picture Style for Canon
The Only Picture Style You Need…
The Shutter Down Pancake Picture style is all about the perfect mix of fluffed up flatness…like your mom’s famous pancakes, it’s a tasty mix of buttery goodness that doesn’t destroy skin tones …
After trying all of the leading picture styles for canon dSLRs, we’ve come to the conclusion that sometimes it’s best to do things yourself. We found the Superflat to wash things out too much, the Marvel Cine-Gamma is awesome but introduces a lot of noise when underexposed, and some of the others are too application-specific.
We set out with one goal – A single Canon Picture Style that works well in low light, in daylight, doesn’t enhance underexposed or high ISO noise, and opens up dynamic range to nearly match a RED ONE. We still aren’t sure if it’s possible, but we did come pretty darn close…
We have compiled this Picture Style for download. You can add the Picture Style to the camera’s “User Defined Styles” memory by using the Eos Utility. Don’t worry – Tone, Contrast, Sharpness, and Saturation can still all be changed to your liking… Enjoy!
- Download the Picture Style file to your computer (on our downloads page):Shutter Down Pancake Picture Style(updated Nov19 2011)
- Unzip the archive
- Connect the camera through USB turn it on in “M” Mode
- Start EOS Utility and choose “Camera settings/Remote shooting”
- In the middle of the control screen, click “Register User Defined style”
- Select User Def. 1, 2 or 3 at the top of the new page and click the button with the Open File icon
- Select the ShutterDownPancake.pf2 file
- Click on OK
- Close the EOS Utility and turn off the camera before disconnecting.
- The Style is now available on the camera through the menu > picture styles
- To load into Movie Mode, you must switch camera to “Movie”, select picture styles > choose User Def.1, 2, or 3 and hit “DISP.” – In the top of the screen you will see the style and can scroll down to the desired style and select it. It is now set as the USER Defined Style you chose (1, 2, or 3).
- Go film and give us some feedback!